Covid-19 : What Our Studio is Doing
With everything that is going on in the world with Covid-19 – now is the perfect time for me to inform my clients and future clients how I am protecting myself, my business and my littlest of clients.
For starters I have always had a strict no sick policy in place for my studio. I only work with newborns & babies in my home studio. Some of these newborns are fresh out of the NICU which is why it is SO important for me to use proper disinfection procedures and reschedule when sickness occurs. I am an appointment based studio and I take a max of of 2 maybe 3 newborns/babies per week. I also have a background in Microbiology so my brain is always in overdrive on how to keep my studio extra safe & clean!
With this being said I am currently following the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS), the World Health Organization (WHO) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for updates and best practices regarding these illnesses.
Here is what I am doing to be pro-active in my life both personal & business.
- All visitors to my studio are asked to remove their shoes and wash hands prior to entering.
- I have also suspended offering my snack & espresso/beverage cart to clients. They are now responsible for bringing their own snacks & beverages.
- I have always sanitized my entire studio after every session. I follow the current CDC disinfection guidelines found here.
- I launder all washable fabric from newborn wraps, fabric backdrops and knits after every session. I add a little bit of bleach to each load.
- I sanitize all doorknobs, floors, props used and equipment after every session.
- Bathrooms are bleached down after every session.
- I will reschedule to the best of my ability whenever a client is ill. Please let me know if you are feeling sick or if you have ANY sick family members – this is IMPORTANT. In the event a reschedule is not an option, deposits will be refunded and a referral to another local photographer may be offered. I take the same exact precautions for myself when it comes to sickness.
- I do offer in home lifestyle newborn sessions, this can be an option if you are certain you do not want to travel to my home studio. However my home studio is far more cleaner and safer then any doctors office or hospital so please keep that in mind.
- Lastly I take great care of myself. I am a hermit. I work from home and I honestly live off my land for the most part. I would rather be spending time in nature, reading a good book or binge watching Mad Men then attending a large gathering. I am up to date on all my vaccinations and I take a boat load of immune boosting supplements because my business depends on me.
Thank you for taking the time to read this! I hope it brought some reassurance to you. I am professionally trained in newborn posing & safety…and part of those safety measures is that I am committed to offering a safe and healthy space for my littlest of clients!